Help Trafficked Teens (and Kids)
If you’ve read my novel, TRAFFICKED, and you’d like to find a way to help vulnerable teens and kids around the world, I’m very grateful. So much needs to be done to stop this problem. I’m donating twenty percent of my earnings from TRAFFICKED, so if you’ve bought the book, you’ve already helped in some way. But if you are inspired, there’s a lot more you can do.
Here are some of my ideas. Please send in comments to my blog to let me know what you’re doing. I’m sure you’ll come up with some amazing ideas of your own.
- Volunteer with one of the organizations listed below.
- Write a politician and say that you want stronger legislation to protect kids and teens who are trafficked, enslaved or prostituted.
- Spread the word and get your friends to spread the word via Facebook and Twitter. Retweet articles about trafficking.
- Start a business to earn money to help kids and teens who’ve been trafficked. You could design t-shirts or jewelry to fight trafficking and create awareness at the same time.
- Make sure you aren’t buying anything that might be made using slave labor, including clothing, coffee and jewelry.
- Donate. Even a little bit helps.
Here are some great organizations which work to fight against human trafficking, but there are so many more.